- What is the meaning of Defend?
- Are protect and defend the same?
- What does it mean to provide for someone?
- How do you describe protection?
- Whats the opposite of protect?
- What is an example of protection?
- What is protection used for?
- How do you protect someone you love?
- What word means to prevent or protect from injury?
- What is it called when someone looks exactly like you?
- What do you call someone who gets things done?
- What are protection principles?
- What does it mean to protect someone?
- What do you call someone who protects you?
- What’s another word for protecting?
What is the meaning of Defend?
guard, preserve, protect1.
Defend, guard, preserve, protect all mean to keep safe.
To defend is to strive to keep safe by resisting attack: to defend one’s country..
Are protect and defend the same?
defend, protect, and safeguard mean to keep safe. defend is used for a danger or an attack that is actual or threatening. The soldiers defended the fort against enemy troops. protect is used when some kind of shield can prevent possible attack or injury.
What does it mean to provide for someone?
(provide for someone) to look after someone by making money in order to buy the things that they need. She has always provided for her children. Synonyms and related words. – To spend or to pay money.
How do you describe protection?
Protection refers to keeping something or someone safe. Through protection, we shelter and defend things. Since protecting is to shelter from harm, protection is the act of doing so. Children are under the protection of their parents, who keep them safe.
Whats the opposite of protect?
What is the opposite of protect?underminecrippleharmhinderthreatenthwartwreckattackcorrodeenfeeble13 more rows
What is an example of protection?
Protection is a person or thing that shields from danger, pain or discomfort, or money paid to avoid violence or prosecution. An example of protection is an umbrella to stand under during a rainstorm. An example of protection is money paid by a shopowner to the mob to avoid violence.
What is protection used for?
Protection is any measure taken to guard a thing against damage caused by outside forces. Protection can be provided to physical objects, including organisms, to systems, and to intangible things like civil and political rights.
How do you protect someone you love?
14 Ways to Protect Your Relationship and Make it LastStay open to each other. You may have heard this a thousand times, but open communication is the foundation of a healthy relationship. … Stay honest. … Trust each other. … Stay faithful. … Stay open to changes. … Stay intimate with each other. … Keep trying new things. … Surprise each other.More items…•
What word means to prevent or protect from injury?
the state of being safe; freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss. … a contrivance or device to prevent injury or avert danger. Also called lock, safety catch, safety lock.
What is it called when someone looks exactly like you?
Someone who looks spookily like you, but isn’t a twin, is a doppelganger. The word doppelganger is German and literally means double walker — as in a ghost or shadow of yourself. …
What do you call someone who gets things done?
The adjective proactive can describe a person who gets things done. Active means “doing something.” The prefix pro- means “before.” So if you are proactive, you are ready before something happens. … The opposite is being reactive, or waiting for things to unfold before responding.
What are protection principles?
1. Protection Principles. Protection is concerned with the safety, dignity and rights of people affected by disaster or armed conflict. It is central to all humanitarian action because it helps people avoid or recover from violence, coercion and deliberate deprivation.
What does it mean to protect someone?
To protect someone or something means to prevent them from being harmed or damaged.
What do you call someone who protects you?
defender. noun. someone who supports something or who works to prevent it from being lost or taken away.
What’s another word for protecting?
Some common synonyms of protect are defend, guard, safeguard, and shield.